Summer Ruche

Monday, September 27, 2010

Countdown Calendar




In March, 2010, my two children and I were preparing to move from SC to TN to be with my husband who had gone before us a few months prior, to start a new job and house hunt. My son was EXTREMELY excited when I informed him, but of course did not understand that we couldn't just GO! Silly Momma... I should have known. Kids at this age don't get the whole 'time' thing. When you say "Maybe someday soon we can go to the zoo", to a toddler, they run and get their shoes, and wait at the door! So when he began asking me EVERY MORNING as soon as he woke... "Are we going to Tennessee today Momma?"... I decided to make a count down calendar to help him understand. Then every morning, he got to put another sticker on the calendar and count how many more days until we move. It was so easy, and a big help.
We used:
-construction paper
-sharpie
-stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment